Below you will find instructions on how to set-up your new company-issued device. Please make sure you have your company username (email) and password handy.
iCloud back-up saves a copy of the information on your device (for example: contacts and photos).
You will need to choose whether you want to back-up and restore through iTunes or through iCloud: Always choose iCloud first. If you’re considering an iTunes back-up and restore, please reach out to chat before you proceed.
If you’re prompted for more iCloud storage, you will need to either purchase additional storage or remove data or applications. Find out how to manage your storage.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > [your name] and tap iCloud. (If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.)
- Tap iCloud Backup. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.)
- Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
To check progress and confirm the backup completed, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Under Back Up Now, you'll see the date and time of your last backup.
- Turn on your device. You should see the Hello screen.
- Follow steps in the iOS Setup Assistant. Join a Wi-Fi network and follow steps until you see the Set Up Device screen.
- Tap Restore from an iCloud Backup. Then sign in to iCloud.
- Choose a backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant. After you choose a backup, the transfer starts.
- If you've purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you'll be asked to sign in to each. If you can’t remember a password, you can tap Skip this Step and enter it later.
- Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes. If you disconnect from Wi-Fi before the process completes, the restore process pauses until you reconnect.
Give the process time to finish. Restoring from a backup can take a while, depending on the size of the backup and the network speed.
To set-up company email, use your company username and password. The below steps can also be viewed with images here.
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add account, then select Email provider (Generally this is “exchange”).
- Enter your email address, then tap Next, Tap Sign in.
- Enter company password (same password to login to your company computer), then tap Next.
- Make sure Mail/Contacts/Calendars/Reminders/Notes are enabled.
- Click Save.